Monday, April 15, 2013

Epic Fail


Monday is to be dreaded. Mondays is evil.

I woke up fuzzy and disoriented as always. Only when I was getting dressed did I notice the package on my bed. I picked it up and quickly ripped apart the plastic packing like a dog. There it was in my hands. The Lotus F1 "Leave me alone, I know what I am doing" t-shirt. I felt so smug wearing it, that I actually checked myself out in the mirror for a couple of minutes. And that is something I absolutely almost never do.

In office, I started to set up my desk as usual. When I reached for my Intuos's stylus, it felt a little odd. I noticed that it was split at the middle. It's something that happens often but this time it was split a little more than usual. Yes, leave me alone because I know what I am doing. I tried to put it back together but the damn thing wouldn't nudge. So I decided to open it. When I did it, a small metal ring fell of the circuit. Things got worse when a colleague picked up the stylus and another part fell off. Just fell off. Right there. I couldn't even see what where it fell from.

So there I sat distraught. The Stylus lay split into four different pieces. What could I do? Strangely, I felt powerless. All I could think was there is so much pending work. It is just weird how a shirt can make you feel so strong and then a broken pen can make you feel so powerless, inside just an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment